A Sample Day in the Life at Skyterra Wellness
At Skyterra Wellness Retreat, we want to support you in becoming the hero of your wellness story. Our purpose is to help you make long-lasting lifestyle changes that nourish your mind, body and soul for years to come.
Every day during your time at Skyterra, you choose any combination of classes and experiences that best support you. Whether it’s exploring the beautiful North Carolina mountain views, diving into classes, activities and lectures that uplift and inspire, or trying a little bit of everything, your wellbeing is our goal.
We invite you to witness life-changing curriculum and explore a sample day in the life at Skyterra.
Rise and shine: 7 to 9 a.m.
At Skyterra, we know how important it is to start your day with intention. Setting you up for success is our top priority. Beginning bright and early, you’ll have the option to dive right into a short workout, enjoy breakfast among new friends, and prep your mind and body through our signature mobility and mindfulness practice, Connect. Establish your morning ritual and reap the benefits of more structure and less stress.
- Get moving: Give morning movement a go with our 30-minute Quick Fit instructed by one of our fitness professionals
- Enjoy breakfast: Enjoy an energy-boosting, nutrient-dense breakfast a la carte with several delicious options available
- Begin with mindfulness: Turn inward first thing with Connect, our 30-minute class consisting of mobility, meditation and breathwork.
Move your body, learn and grow: 9 a.m. to noon
Promptly following your morning routine, we offer upbeat functional fitness, grounding yoga, a dose of daily mobility, and a diverse rotation of wellness-focused lectures to help you get informed and reach your goals. You decide how to spend your time. No matter what, we have a supportive and empowering group of professionals excited to meet you where you are.
- Hop into fitness: Choose from a variety of hour-long cardio and strength-based classes designed for all skill levels and starting points. Enjoy uplifting music, motivational coaching, and never take the same class twice!
- Meet on the mat: Looking for something more restorative and relaxing? Opt for Tai Chi or center yourself in a yoga class curated to promote feelings of clarity and calm.
- Listen and learn: Circle up with a like-minded community of fellow guests to learn about fitness, physical therapy, nutrition, meal-planning, stress, sleep, intention setting, habit building, and much more with our knowledgeable team.
Nourish yourself, hop back in or venture out: noon to 5:30 p.m.
Settle in for a wholesome, sustaining lunch planned and prepared with care by our nutrition and culinary team members. Directly following your refuel, time to reconnect to breath, more movement options, and fun and adventurous recreation activities will be available to you all afternoon long.
- Slow down and breathe: If you don’t know where to start when it comes to breathwork, Daily Breath is a short and simple option for those looking to recenter themselves and relax mid-day
- Take a trail walk: Discover our on-site waterfall! You always have the option to challenge yourself with an afternoon workout as well, ranging from 30 minutes to an hour
- Chef it up: Break it down step-by-step and learn how to craft all of your favorite Skyterra recipes during our Culinary demo
- Work through with therapy: Navigate life’s challenges with on-site therapists in therapeutic groups covering topics ranging from boundary-setting to self-care and everything in between. Private sessions are also available.
- Venture out and explore: Get out of your comfort zone and try something new! Hiking, horseback riding, pickleball, kayaking, self-defense, archery, and more are all available for you to partake in on a seasonal basis.
- Practice mobility: Challenge your range of motion with an evening mobility class designed to help you build flexibility, improve stability and move better. Book a session with our onsite physical therapist to take a deeper dive.
Build community and wind down: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Dinnertime is the perfect opportunity to sit down with your community, enjoy guest-led conversations over a delicious Skyterra Plate, and cultivate relationships that will last a lifetime. Enjoy an evening activity before bed, or settle into your private lodge or cabin for a night of self-care and relaxation.
- Relax and unwind: Evening activities like community campfires, creative arts, Yoga Nidra for sleep and everything in between are all offered after dinner
- Rejuvenate and refresh: Be sure to book an appointment with our spa to enjoy our top-notch, customized massage and spa services during your stay
- Enjoy home sweet home: We hope your accommodations are the perfect blend of comfortable and luxurious. Cozy in for a restful night of sleep to refuel you for all that is available to you tomorrow!