Dr. Robert Cabin
Robert grew up in a small farming town; his first real job was picking cucumbers at age 12. Ever since then, he has been passionate about growing, cooking, and eating food that nourishes ourselves and our land. As a kid, he found endless joy and mystery and inspiration wandering the woods and fields and streams behind his house. Eventually, he found his way into the scientific study of nature.
After earning a Ph.D. in biology, he poured his heart and soul into researching and teaching environmental issues and preserving and restoring nature. Over the course of his career, Robert found the mental and physical strength he needed to do his best work and live his best life through nature-based activities, outdoor exercise, and meditation and mindfulness practices. He especially loves cold water swimming. After realizing that he was spending more time effectively coaching than teaching his students, he ultimately decided to leave academia and become a professional coach in order to help more people utilize their greatest gifts and lead their best lives.
Robert says: “I love helping people figure out what they really want and yearn for. Because everyone is unique, I begin by asking lots of personalized questions and listening very carefully. Then I empower my clients to skillfully figure out what’s most important, what’s holding them back, and how best to proceed.”
Select Certifications and Achievements:
- Ph.D., Biology, University of New Mexico
- Postdoctoral Fellow, National Tropical Botanical Garden, Hawaii
- Research Ecologist, US Forest Service, Hawaii
- Professor of Environmental Science, Brevard College, North Carolina
- Author of Intelligent Tinkering: Bridging the Gap Between Science and Practice
- Certified Mindfulness Life Coach
- N of 1 Life Coaching Founder